Grond is a titan.
|Produced from: Hall of Golems|
Requires: Furnace (level 5)
|Cost: 1200 Gold, 1200 Metal, 1200 Stone, 1200 Crystal|
Build Time: 600
Setup Points: 20
Army Points: 4
As you would expect from a giant Golem, Grond is very tough physically that can be further improved through the Armorer and Mithril upgrades, making him nigh impossible to take down with non-elemental attacks. Offensively, Grond's power is devastating to behold. With the Mithril skill researched he deals 175 crushing damage and hits surprisingly fast for a Golem. His attack type can lead to the downfall of anyone who is bold enough to stand there before him, as a random critical hit from him will stun the poor morsel which then usually results in a following deathblow from Grond's mighty iron fist. However, Grond's speed is appalling - being out-sped by nearly all infantry. This does mean that the enemy can easily "kite" him making him somewhat ineffective against infantry, despite dealing splash damage. Of course, buildings can't run away and with his natural bulk and power, he will often be used to spearhead a Dark Dwarven siege.
- Ready: "Grond is here to shake the earth."
- Select: "I am Grond." "Grond ready." "Grond is big!" "Grond breaks worlds!"
- Order: "Crush!" "Smash!" "Grond is destroyer." "Grond leave trails of rubble!"
- Deathblow: "Smash puny thing!"
- 'Grond' means 'ground' in Dutch.
- 'Grond' comes from Old English and means 'ground' in all its meanings, both the foundation/soil as a name, and the imperfect form of 'grind' as a verb. It's therefore associated with grinding and crushing actions.
- In the Lord of the Rings universe, Grond is both Morgoth's warhammer, and a huge battering ram used at the battle for Minas Tirith.