The Protectors (in short TPC) is a stand-alone mod of the game Warlords Battlecry III, produced by Infinite Interactive. Stand-alone means that it can be run without having the original game installed.
Currently, TPC is under development (since 2010) and has not reached a stable version. However, there are beta versions available for download. All users are encouraged to report bugs and suggest improvements on TPC forum, as they are considered beta testers. Becoming a member of TPC official site will also ensure your name's (or nickname's) appearance in the credits list once the mod is fully developed.
List of highlighted improvementsEdit
- Story driven campaign (new locations, quests, characters, videos)
- Improved RPG part (dialogue choices, multiple endings, psychological profiles)
- Improved RTS part (new units, buildings, terrain, food system, temples)
- Improved A.I. (no longer freezes or gets stuck, seeks quests, builds mortars etc.)
- New hero system (new spells, perks, racial synergy bonus, proficiency)
- New items and item sets
- Improved editor (scene events, interface, manuals, custom portraits)
- Support for high resolutions (up to Full HD 1920x1080)
- A lot more music (warlords themed)
- New graphics (portraits, GUI, loading screens, etc.)
- Cheat codes
- More multi-player scenarios
- Hundreds of bug fixes
We are proudly happy to announce that The Protectors 0.8.7 patch is out!. Designed as a community patch, mod and even referred to as Warlords Battlecry 3.5 by some, the Protectors version 0.8.7 is a significant step forwards. Multiple key bugs which has plagued the franchise for decades have been fixed and TPC 0.8.7 offers one of the most balanced experiences available to the game.
Join our Discord server. We can chat and play via Direct IP there.
Or we suggest this Hamachi server: 160-127-061. No password required.